Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcome to Steve Trek Adventures

The Galapagos Islands is my first book in a series of action adventure books, The Steve Trek Adventures. The book is well down the path to its release date. Follow me as I highlight the process in developing the story and getting the book published.

Since I was a little boy I have always been fascinated by the ocean, the fish, the unknown of the sea.  As a child my interest in the ocean and sea life resulted in my keeping aquariums.  For years I raised fish even selling some to the local aquarium shop. I spent hours sitting in my room in the dark just watching these amazing creatures and their behaviors.  Being landlocked in Oklahoma during my teens, aquariums were as close as I could get to the sea except for watching Jacque Cousteau on TV.

Later in life, I learned to scuba dive and actively pursued diving as often as I could. Including diving in the local lake virtually every weekend plus regular dive trips to Florida, Mexico and even California.  Starting a dive club in Northwest Arkansas called the Hogdivers, I met two great men that became my closest friends.  These friends are the basis of a couple of the key characters in The Steve Trek Adventures.  Their alter egos so to speak.   David and Jeff are incredibly passionate divers whom I learned so much from and have had such amazing times diving with over the years.  When you read the book I'm sure you will recognize their characters.

I have tried to capture my passion for the ocean and the amazing things that lie beneath its surface in this book.  It was exciting to weave real life diving experiences with dramatic action and ruthless villains, in the beautiful back drop of the Galapagos Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment